Mental Health Board
The Mental Health Board is a group of concerned citizens and professionals who provide input on policy and needs for mental health. Members identify priorities in Passaic County for the comprehensive treatment, education, and promotion of public awareness of mental health needs.
- To encourage the development of prevention, treatment, and recovery support services for people with mental illness through improvement, expansion, and development of community mental health services in Passaic County.
- Provide a forum to foster communication, education, and information concerning mental wellness.
- Identify needs in the mental health service delivery system utilizing recommendations of the providers advisory group, to insure that targeted populations receive quality services in the most cost-effective manner.
- Review, evaluate, and recommend proposals for the establishment of mental health education, prevention, and treatment service programs.
- Recommend the amount of Federal and State Funds to be allocated for mental health services.