HomePrint FriendlyEmail Page

Go To Search
Click to Home
About the CountyDepartmentsNew ResidentsOur MunicipalitiesOfficialsHow Do I...?
Substitute Credential

A minimum of 60 college credits is required in order to obtain a Substitute Credential.

All applications for substitute credentials must be made through a public school district or an approved private school for the disabled.

  • Obtain an Application for a Substitute Credential a Board of Education in which you wish to substitute;
  • Complete and submit Application along with the following to the Board of Education in which you obtained the application.  Do not send to County Office:
    • A check or money order in the amount of $125.00 made payable to the Commissioner of Education;            
    • Original transcripts in sealed envelope;
    • Notarized Oath of Allegiance; and
    • Proof of Criminal History Review approval. 
  • The Board of Education will review the applicaton and submit to the County Office of Education for processing.  If all required documents are in order, you should receive your certificate within two to three weeks.
  • County Substitute Credentials are valid statewide.  In order to substitute in a different County, you must have the original certificate record by the County Office of Education of the towns you wish to substitute.