The John W. Rea House located in Goffle Brook Park was listed on the State and National Registers of Historic Places in 1999. Originally built as a private residence in c. 1810 by Henry Doremus, it features traditional Dutch Colonial Architecture that is reflective of the time period and geographic area. The Rea house changed hands a number of times; becoming a tavern in 1920 and a local Boy's Club Headquarters before it was converted to permanent County office space in 1967. The County used the Rea house as offices until 1999. Today the Rea house is slated for a complete rehabilitation, with completion expected in December 2018. Under the direction of the Department of Cultural & Historic Affairs, the Rea House will be used as a new County-wide art center with gallery and classroom spaces.