Apshawa Preserve is an untouched 594-acre park with a 43-acre Butler Reservoir and miles of meandering hiking trails good for beginners and experts alike. Apshawa offers a diversity of habitats and beautiful vistas that attract nature enthusiasts, birdwatchers, and photographers. Hiking trails can be found via Google Maps and on-site kiosks. 68 Acres of this park is owned by the NJ Conservation Foundation, a non-profit that works to preserve and expand the trail network at this park. Apshawa Preserve has been frequently highlighted by organizations such as the NY-NJ Trail Conference for offering one of the most scenic hikes in all of New Jersey.
Blue Trail: 1 Mile
Red Trail: 1.6 Miles
Green Trail: 1.7 Miles
Yellow Trail: 1/2 mile
White Trail: 1/3 Mile
Orange Trail 1/10 Mile
Purple Trail: 1/10 Mile
GPS Adress: 4 Northwood Drive, West Milford
Directions from Route 287
- Route 287N to Exit 52 - Route 23 North
- Route 23 North for 5.6 miles to Germantown Road
- Right turn onto Germantown Road and travel east for 2.5 miles
- Right turn onto Macopin Road and travel for 1.6 miles
- Right turn onto Northwood Road and immediately look to the right for "Apshawa Preserve, New Jersey Conservation Foundation" sign.