The County of Passaic seeks to foster the development of the motion picture and television film industry in the County in an attempt to increase the image of Passaic County; increase local employment opportunities, and increase revenues for Passaic County companies.
To date, the members of the Passaic County Film Commission have accomplished:
Development of a portfolio of potential sites throughout the County of Passaic which would be appropriate locales for motion picture and television filming.
- Published two Passaic County Film Resource Directories including a list of Passaic County companies who can provide goods and services to the film industry
Sponsored 14 Passaic County Film Festivals: a juried exhibition of 10-minute shorts filmed by high school, university students and independent filmmakers who live, work or attend school in Passaic County. The objective of the Passaic County Film Festival is to support local filmmakers by providing a public forum in which to showcase their work and provide an opportunity to interact with members of the television and filmmaking community.
- Sponsored 14 Passaic County Film Workshops which provides instruction in the production of films for Passaic County residents.
- Developed a close working relationship with the New Jersey Motion Picture and Television Film Commission to respond to requests for filming locations
- Developed a network of contacts in each Passaic County municipality who can scout for sites and respond to requests for locations
- Worked with municipalities to develop local ordinances which will enhance motion picture and television filming
- Developed the Passaic County Film Permit to authorize filming throughout County properties
- Film Commission members developed a Public Service Announcement (30 second) to promote Passaic County as a positive location for filming
- Developed two 5-minute films on the benefits and incentives of film production in Passaic County New Jersey, 2006 and 2009
Sponsored the Passaic County Film Education Grant which provides film equipment to local high schools through a grant from Unique Photo, Fairfield, NJ
Film Commission Workshop
The 2020 Passaic County Film Festival Workshop will be hold on October 24, 2020 from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. via WebEx.
Meeting number (access code): 129 196 7048
Meeting password: TSaCFwaU422
Film Commission Workshop Resources
- Passaic County Film Commission Helpful Sites
- Top 10 Rules for Video Editing
- Promoting and Distributing
- Standard Release Forms
- Designing a Movie for Sound
- Good Sound from Amateur Video Cameras
- Sample Forms
- The Art of Story Board
- Sound Notes
Filming in Passaic County
Filming Incentives for Filmmakers