For the remainder of the year, all LACADA Meetings have been rescheduled as virtual/remote meetings and will be held via teleconference. If you are interested in attending a meeting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local Advisory Council on Alcoholism & Drug Abuse (LACADA)
The Local Advisory Council on Alcoholism & Drug Abuse (LACADA) is a group of concerned citizens and professionals who provide input on policy and needs for substance misuse. Members identify priorities in Passaic County for the comprehensive treatment, education, and promotion of public awareness of alcohol and drug abuse needs.
- Provide input on development, funding, and provision of alcohol and drug abuse services.
- Serve as the coordinating body in the development of a plan embracing all areas of alcoholism and drug abuse service delivery for the County.
- Provide a forum to foster communication, education, and information concerning alcoholism and drug abuse.
- Identify needs in the alcoholism and drug abuse service delivery system utilizing recommendations of the providers advisory group, to insure that targeted populations receive quality services in the most cost-effective manner.
- Assist in developing a comprehensive plan for alcoholism and drug abuse services for the county.
- Review, evaluate, and recommend proposals for the establishment of substance misuse education, prevention, and treatment service programs.
- Recommend the amount of Federal and State Funds to be allocated for substance misuse services.
- Recommend policies and funding allocations for Municipal Alliance Committees to help prevent alcoholism and drug abuse.