The Passaic County Public Housing Agency has adopted the following waivers in accordance with HUD PIH Notice 2020-05 and 2020-13, REV 1 which provide statutory and regulatory relief for program requirements of the Housing Choice Voucher Program under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES Act):
- Housing Quality Standard (HQS) Inspection Requirements – All units which were not physically inspected during the pandemic must be by 12/31/21.
- Initial Inspection Requirement – In lieu of a move in inspection, an owner certification stating that the unit is in good condition can be accepted. The apartment must be physically inspected within one year of the date that the certification was received.
- Non-life threatening HQS deficiencies – Owners and tenants may be provided with an additional 30 day extension for repairs to be made.
- HQS Quality Control Inspections – The random sampling of quality control inspections which the Housing Agency conducts may be suspended.
- EIV Monitoring – The monitoring of tenant income through the HUD system Enterprise Income Verification may be suspended.
- Family Self Sufficiency (FSS) Contract of Participation Contract Extension – FSS participants whose contract is ending during COVID may receive an extension of their contract.
- Term of Voucher – Voucher terms for those searching for a unit may be extended beyond the 4 month limit detailed in the Housing Agency’s Administrative Plan.
- Family Income and Composition; Annual Examination; Income Verification Requirements – The family may self certify income if documentation is unobtainable.
- SEMAP – The Housing Agency will retain its prior year Section 8 Management Assessment Program (SEMAP) score. SEMAP is HUD’s annual performance measure of an Agency’s operations.
Please note that all of the above waivers which were previously adopted by the Board of Commissioners have now been extended to June 30, 2021 in accordance with HUD Notice PIH 2020-33.