2021 Grant Information & Resources
In order to help preserve the County's historic sites the Passaic County Board of County Commissioners and the New Jersey Historic Trust has partnered for the year 2021 to provide funding for historic preservation activities throughout the County.
Eligible applicants for funds from the program are municipal governments within Passaic County and non-profit organizations as defined under Section 501(c)(3) of the Federal Internal Revenue Code.
Deadline: March 12, 2021
OPEN SPACE, FARMLAND, & HISTORIC PRESERVATION TRUST FUND: Historic Preservation Component
Passaic County, New Jersey has produced a rich heritage of historic and architecturally significant sites, many of which are still in existence today. These sites represent important historic events and trends, significant individuals, numerous architecture styles and illustrate craftsmanship of by-gone eras. In order to help preserve these historic sites the Passaic County Board of County Commissioners approved, the expansion of the existing open space and farmland preservation trust programs to include historic preservation activities.
Eligible properties include individual sites or sites within the boundaries of a historic district which are listed on either the local, State, or National Register of Historic Places. Historic sites, which are certified as eligible by the State Historic Preservation Office or contribute to an eligible historic district, are also eligible.
2020 - 2021 Open Space Historic Preservation Grantees
- City of Clifton - Restoration & Rehabilitation of the Quarantine Animal Station Barn S-2
- American Labor Museum/Botto House - Retaining Wall Restoration Project
2019 Open Space Historic Preservation Grantees
- City of Paterson - Site Improvements to Historic Eastside Park
- City of Paterson - Restoration & Rehabilitation of the Ivanhoe Wheelhouse in the Great Falls Historic District
- Friends of Wallisch Homestead - Creamery Restoration
- New Jersey Community Development Corporation - Restoration of Windows at the Rogers Locomotive Works
2018 Open Space Historic Preservation Grantees
- City of Paterson - Construction Documents for the Van Houten House
- Hamilton-Van Wagoner House Restoration Assoc. - Floor, Door and Shutter Restoration of the Hamilton House Museum
- Friends of Wallisch Homestead - Barn Structural Survey and Porch Restoration
- New Jersey Community Development Corporation - Improvements to Lou Costello Park, located in the Great Falls Historic District
2017 Open Space Historic Preservation Grantees
- American Labor Museum/Botto House - Roof Replacement
- City of Paterson - Paterson Vistas Park Site Clean-up
- Daughters of the American Revolution - Conditions Assessment of the Schuyler-Colfax House
- Pompton Reformed Church - Restoration of Martin J. Ryerson Graveston
For more information on Historic Preservation Grants and new grant rounds please contact the Department of Cultural & Historic Affairs firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-706-6640.