Programs operate out of four divisions:
- Mental Health and Addiction Services
- Community Outreach and Family Services
- Juvenile Administration
- Workforce Development Board (WDB)
- Mental health
- Addiction treatment
- 211 - 24/7 information and referral social services hotline
- JDAI - Juvenile Detention Alternative Initiatives
- Homeless prevention and housing
- Mortgage and foreclosure counseling
- Rental and utility assistance
- At-risk youth program
- Human Services Advisory Committee (HSAC)
- Mental Health Board
- Children’s Interagency Coordinating Council (CIACC)
- Local Advisory Council on Alcohol and Drug Abuse (LACADA)
- Professional Advisory Committee (PAC/PACADA)
- County Alliance Steering Subcommittee (CASS)
Vision: The vision of the Passaic County Department of Human Services is that all residents will experience social equity, equal rights, and access to the services and supports they need to be successful individuals, family and community members
Mission: To provide fiscally responsible solutions in meeting the human services needs of residents across the life span. We do this by applying our professional expertise and leadership to:
- Serve as a resource hub for human services
- Identify human service needs of residents
- Marshall and facilitate alliances and planning groups to address residents needs
- Provide access to funds for service providers
- Analyze and advocate for policies to drive service effectiveness and efficiencies
- Enhance communication with and among providers and stakeholders
- DHS is committed to racial and social equity and justice in its planning, operations and programs.
- DHS values the opportunity to positively impact residents’ lives through the use of residents voices and data to drive decision-making.
- DHS advocates for systems to improve residents’ quality of life.
- DHS recognizes the importance of effective working with all levels of government, and the entire human services community.
- DHS is committed to efficiency and customer satisfaction in its operations.
- DHS serves as responsible stewards of public funds.
- DHS is committed to continuous monitoring and improving of our contracted services.
Needs Assessment Final Report
September 22, 2020 Freeholder Meeting Presentation
September 22, 2020 Freeholder Meeting PowerPoint Presentation