Passaic County is pleased to kick-off the 2020 Passaic County All Municipalities Hazard Mitigation Plan (HMP) update. The HMP is updated every five years, with the goal to save lives and property through the reduction of hazard vulnerability. During this planning project, the county, local leaders and the participating communities will work in tandem to identify risks, assess capabilities, and formulate a strategy to reduce disaster vulnerability in our communities. Please check this site regularly for updates on the planning process and ways to participate in this important effort.
If you would like more information regarding how to get involved in the project, please contact the Passaic County Office of Emergency Management at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Passaic County is updating the 2015 Hazard Mitigation Plan. For more information, click here:
- Citizen Survey - Public participation and feedback is a vital part of the hazard mitigation planning process. Passaic County has developed a Citizen Preparedness Survey to assist in providing the public an outlet to contribute to the Passaic County Hazard Mitigation Plan update. This survey is anonymous and will be used to develop portions of the plan. Please visit the survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PassaicHMP2020.
- The Passaic County HMP Risk Assessment meeting is Thursday, January 23 at 10 a.m. open to the public: Passaic County Public Safety Academy (Auditorium), 300 Oldham Road, Wayne, NJ 07470.
- The Passaic County HMP Mitigation Strategy meeting is Thursday, February 20 at 10 a.m. open to the public: Passaic County Public Safety Academy (Auditorium), 300 Oldham Road, Wayne, NJ 07470.
- Passaic County is hosting a kickoff to the 2020 Hazard Mitigation Plan. The meeting is October 10, 2019 at 10 a.m.: Passaic County Public Safety Academy (Auditorium), 300 Oldham Road, Wayne, NJ 07470.
- Public Meeting – Passaic County is hosting a National Weather Service SKYWARN Spotter Training Session where residents can learn more about severe weather events and the 2020 HMP update. The meeting is September 24, 2019 at 7 p.m.: Passaic County Public Safety Academy (Auditorium), 300 Oldham Road, Wayne NJ 07470.
- Draft Passaic County HMP Available for Public Review - Passaic County is pleased to post the draft 2020 Hazard Mitigation Plan update for public review and comment through July 30, 2020. Please use this form to submit your plan review comments to the County.