With immense interest in the health and safety of our guests, staff and community, the County of Passaic is taking precautions to help stop the spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- All historic sites in the Passaic County Park System will remain closed.
- We will resume some of our County sponsored events. Please look at our schedule of events.
- Preakness Valley Golf Course is open and operating under revised procedures.
- Visitors must practice social distancing at all times and face coverings/masks must be worn at all times when social distancing is not possible.
- Avoid large gatherings.
ATTENTION: Depending on the date of your event, certain Covid-19 restrictions may apply, especially with regard to the amount of people allowable at outdoor venues. Please refer to the State’s regulations and Covid-19 restrictions, as the date of your event approaches. All restrictions will be strictly enforced. It is the responsibility of the permit holder to check the website for updates regarding the State’s regulations and Covid-19 restrictions regarding all outdoor events.
STARTING ON FRIDAY, APRIL 2, 2021; the limits on outdoor gatherings will increase to 200 people, in accordance with the NJ Governor’s Executive Orders.
- Outdoor religious services, weddings, funerals, memorial services and political events, such as demonstrations and rallies, have no limit.
- Outdoor scholastic graduation ceremonies will have a limit of 200 people.
- Outdoor sporting events will now allow up to 200 spectators.
- All spectators must follow guidance from the Department of Health regarding sports activities, which include wearing a mask, observing social distancing and staying home when feeling sick.
For more information on Covid-19 rules and regulations, refer to the following Executive Order No. 204.
For more information on regulations for outdoor gatherings, starting on April 2, 2021, please refer to the following Executive Order No. 234.
- The Highlands Preserve ball fields in West Milford, will remain closed until further notice due to ongoing reconstruction.
- The Rea Ave. Athletic Fields in Hawthorne, will be closed as of July 1, 2021 due to renovation. The fields will not be available to permit, until 2022 spring season.
- Sections of Rifle Camp Park, in Woodland Park are currently under renovations. There will be no camping at Rifle Camp Park until further notice. Other areas of the park will remain open.
Parks and Recreation oversees more than 16,000 acres of preserved open space and recreational facilities located throughout Passaic County. For more information regarding the county park system please visit our County Parks and our Preakness Valley Golf Course web pages.
|Want to receive updates from Parks and Recreation?|
| Sign Up Now
The County is conducting this survey to get a better understanding of community needs in respect to recreation and leisure activities. The information gathered will help us develop a long-term strategy to support and develop social, recreation and cultural opportunities accessible to all. Leisure activities, facilities, parks and green spaces are essential to our quality of life and to the environment.
By completing this survey, you will be entered into a draw to win, giving you a chance to win a Passaic County prize pack.
Thank you for participating in our survey. Your feedback is important!
Throughout the questionnaire you will see questions regarding “classes” and “events”.
- “Classes” refer to instructional/ learning opportunities that will normally include more than one occurrence (i.e. sports clinics, cooking lessons, exercise classes, etc.)
- “Events” refer to larger outings that will usually occur as a one-off (i.e. Passaic County Fair, Movie Nights, sports camps/ tournaments, etc.)