Division of Community &
Department of Planning & Economic Development
Phone: (973) 569-4720
Fax: (973) 569-4725
Hours of Operation: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Address: 930 Riverview Drive, Suite 250, Totowa, NJ 07512
Business Development Seminars
Update on Financial Resources for the Business Community
October 21, 2020
9:30 AM - 11 AM
Join via WebEx
- SBA 504 Loan Program Overview, Pursuit Lending
- Small Business Emergency Assistance Grant Program – Phase 3, NJ EDA
- SBA Update during COVID-19, US SBA
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loan Forgiveness Application Form, US SBA
Below is information from previous seminars that business owners have taken advantage of.
Economic Development Seminars
Below is information from previous seminars that business owners have taken advantage of. For more information, please call (973) 569-4720.
Best Practices for Re-Opening Retail and Restaurants
September 10, 2020
Join via WebEx
- Can Retail Stores and Malls Re-Open?
- COVID-19 Re-Opening Best Practices
- National Restaurant Association COVID-19 Re-Opening Guidance
- What are the Re-Opening Rules for Bars and Restaurants?
- Best Practices for Re-Opening Retail Food Establishments During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Best Practices for Re-Opening Your Retail Store After COVID-19
Passaic County, located in northern New Jersey, is devoted to the development and prosperity of its business community and actively encourages business expansion and new business relocations into the county. The county is comprised of 16 municipalities in 197.05 square miles, with a population of 508,856. The county contains urban, suburban and rural settings from the developed urban centers of Paterson and Passaic to the sparsely developed and picturesque region of the Highlands with its mountains and lakes located in the Townships of West Milford and Ringwood.
The County has an impressive list of business assets. The commercial and industrial parks throughout the county provide expanding companies with opportunities for growth, while the diverse-and hardworking labor force ensures a strong and available labor pool. Companies locating in the Urban Enterprise Zones in the cities of Paterson and Passaic can benefit from significant incentives and low-cost financing.
The Passaic County Division of Economic Development offers direct technical support and assistance to companies. Specific services include: real estate identification; assistance in securing loans and lines of credit, management of the Greater Passaic County Bond Program; redevelopment of brownfield sites through the Passaic County Brownfields Commission; promotion of filming in the county through the activities of the Passaic County Film Commission; information on all business incentives; sponsorship of technical seminars on a wide range of issues; and assistance with regulatory agencies on local, county, state and federal levels.
One of Passaic County’s strongest assets is its transportation infrastructure. Air, water, land and rail are available and major roadways include the Garden State Parkway, New Jersey Turnpike, Interstates 287 and 80, state Routes 3, 19, 20, 21, 23, 46 and 208.
Today, the Passaic County business landscape is defined by variety, with both large corporations and small family-owned businesses making the county their home. Creating a solid base of employment for our resident labor force of approximately 250,000, this diverse mix of 20,000+ businesses provides the county with a unique atmosphere — a blending of tradition and innovation. Major employers include BAE Systems, St. Joseph’s Regional Medical, Driscoll Foods, Accurate Box Company, Maquet Cardiovascular, and UPS.
Passaic County is committed to supporting the growth of its business community and welcomes investment and innovation from its corporate partners who benefit from the skills of our hardworking labor force and our business assets.
If you are interested in discovering how your company can join Passaic County’s thriving business community, please contact Deborah Hoffman, director, Division of Economic Development, at (973) 569-4720 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Specific services to the business community include:
- Real estate identification (Over 800 properties available for sale or lease in our computerized database)
- Assistance in securing loans and lines of credit
- Management of the Greater Passaic County Bond Program
- Management of the Passaic County Brownfields Assessment Program and the Passaic County Brownfields Commission
- Management of the Passaic County Motion Picture and Television Film Commission
- Management of the Passaic County Comprehensive Economic Development Strategic Committee
- Information on business incentives and grants: Development of Special Improvement Districts
- Energy incentives
- Job training programs
- GrowNJ Corporate Business Tax Credit
- Urban Enterprise Zone Benefits
- Sponsorship of technical seminars on a wide range of issues including financing, marketing, procurement, environmental topics, green building design, exporting, job training, and insurance
- Assistance with regulatory agencies on local, county, state and federal levels.
- Management of the Passaic County Community Development Block Grant Program.
C.E.D.S. Full Document
C.E.D.S. Scope of Work
Risk Mitigation Study
Risk Mitigation Plan
Business Action Center
NJ Clean Energy Program
Customized Training Programs
EZ Ride Transportation Incentive
Incentives for Hiring People with Disabilities
Economic Redevelopment and Growth Grant
Check List for Relocation and Expansion Passaic County New Jersey
Business Registration Certificate
GrowNJ Incentive Program
Economic Redevelopment and Growth Program (ERG)
NJ Department of Labor - Training Programs – Grants – Find Employees
Smart Start Buildings Program
Corporation Business Tax Credits and Incentives
Urban Enterprise Zone (Paterson and Passaic)
Free Business Counseling - Click here for info and to sign up for free counseling for new and existing businesses in Passaic County.
Deborah Hoffman, Director (973) 569-4721 email@example.com
Kristen Holton Executive Assistant (973) 569-4722 firstname.lastname@example.org