Weatherization and Home Energy
Coordinator: Kevin Batacchi
Phone: (973) 569-4032
Fax: (973) 256-2067
930 Riverview Drive, Suite 250, Totowa, NJ 07512
301 Main Street, Paterson, NJ 07505
330 Passaic Street, Passaic, NJ 07055
Passaic County offers extensive energy conservation programs designed to help seniors and low-income families and individuals make energy bills more affordable. These include four separate programs:
- Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP)
- Heating Improvement Program (HIP)
- Home Energy Assistance (HEA)
- Universal Service Fund (USF)
The Home Energy Division administers the LIHEAP and USF programs. The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program is designed to help seniors and low-income families and individuals make energy bills more affordable. Eligible households that are having difficulty paying their electric, natural gas, oil, and other deliverable fuel bills can contact this office for a financial assistance application.
Do I have to own my home to qualify for services?
- You do not have to own your home to qualify. You may qualify whether you own or rent, live in a single-family home, multifamily housing complex, or in a mobile home
Do I have to meet certain income guidelines to qualify?
- Applicants may be determined to be eligible for assistance based the household’s monthly gross income. Please see the monthly gross income guidelines below:
|2021 Heating Season