For Immediate Release:
April 3, 2020
I-80 ramp closure this weekend as roadway
improvement project advances in Totowa
Signed detour will be in place
(Trenton) - New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) officials today announced an overnight ramp closure on I-80 in Totowa tonight as a roadway improvement project advances in Passaic County.
Beginning at 9 p.m. tonight, Friday, April 3, until 5 a.m. tomorrow, Saturday, April 4, NJDOT’s contractor Joseph M. Sanzari, Inc. is scheduled to close and detour the ramp from Union Boulevard northbound to I-80 eastbound in Totowa. The closure will allow the contractor to complete drainage work. The following signed detour will be in place overnight:
Union Boulevard northbound ramp to I-80 eastbound detour:
- Motorists wishing to take the Union Boulevard ramp to I-80 eastbound will be directed to take the ramp towards Lackawana Avenue/Route 46 westbound, which comes before the ramp to I-80 eastbound
- Turn left onto Union Boulevard
- Keep right and take the ramp on to Route 46 westbound
- Continue on Route 46 westbound and take the left ramp to Route 23 southbound towards Fairfield/Verona
- Take the left ramp for I-80/Route 23 southbound towards Verona
- Keep left and take the ramp to the service road towards I-80 westbound
- Take right ramp for I-80 eastbound
Advance warning and variable messaging signs are being utilized to provide advance notification to the motoring public of all traffic pattern changes associated with the work.
The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors. Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT's traffic information website www.511nj.org for real-time travel information and for NJDOT news follow us on Twitter @NJDOT_info or on the NJDOT Facebook page.
If you have any questions, please contract Anthony Sytko, Regional Coordinator of Community Relations, or Debbie Hirt, Assistant to the Regional Coordinator, NJDOT-Office of Community and Constituent Relations at (609) 963-1982.