County Park System
With immense interest in the health and safety of our guests, staff and community, the County of Passaic is taking precautions to help stop the spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- All historic sites in the Passaic County Park System will remain closed.
- We will resume some of our County sponsored events. Please look at our schedule of events.
- We are accepting applications for certain events and activities involving no more than 500 people. Events and activities must meet the criteria set forth by the Governor.
- Preakness Valley Golf Course is open and operating under revised procedures.
- Visitors must practice social distancing at all times.
- Face coverings/masks must be worn at all times when social distancing is not possible.
- Avoid large gatherings of more than 500 people.
Parks and Recreation oversees more than 16,000 acres of preserved open space and recreational facilities located throughout Passaic County. For more complete information regarding the county park system please visit our County Parks and our Preakness Valley Golf Course webpages
Memorial Bench and Tree Program
The Passaic County Board of Chosen Freeholders in partnership with the Friends of Passaic County Parks, Inc. Board of Trustees offers a Memorial Bench and Tree Program whereby you can commemorate, honor, and remember the lives of friends and relatives. By purchasing either a tree or bench, you will receive a plaque with a message of your choosing to celebrate your loved ones’ life in the location of your choice in the Passaic County Park System. If you are interested in this memorial program, please click on the form below for more information or call (973) 881-4405.