County Park System
With immense interest in the health and safety of our guests, staff and community, the County of Passaic is taking precautions to help stop the spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- All historic sites in the Passaic County Park System will remain closed.
- We will resume some of our County sponsored events. Please look at our schedule of events.
- Preakness Valley Golf Course is open and operating under revised procedures.
- Visitors must practice social distancing at all times and face coverings/masks must be worn at all times when social distancing is not possible.
- Avoid large gatherings.
ATTENTION: Depending on the date of your event, certain Covid-19 restrictions may apply, especially with regard to the amount of people allowable at outdoor venues. Please refer to the State’s regulations and Covid-19 restrictions, as the date of your event approaches. All restrictions will be strictly enforced. It is the responsibility of the permit holder to check the website for updates regarding the State’s regulations and Covid-19 restrictions regarding all outdoor events.
STARTING ON FRIDAY, APRIL 2, 2021; the limits on outdoor gatherings will increase to 200 people, in accordance with the NJ Governor’s Executive Orders.
- Outdoor religious services, weddings, funerals, memorial services and political events, such as demonstrations and rallies, have no limit.
- Outdoor scholastic graduation ceremonies will have a limit of 200 people.
- Outdoor sporting events will now allow up to 200 spectators.
- All spectators must follow guidance from the Department of Health regarding sports activities, which include wearing a mask, observing social distancing and staying home when feeling sick.
For more information on Covid-19 rules and regulations, refer to the following Executive Order No. 204.
For more information on regulations for outdoor gatherings, starting on April 2, 2021, please refer to the following Executive Order No. 234.
Parks and Recreation oversees more than 16,000 acres of preserved open space and recreational facilities located throughout Passaic County. For more complete information regarding the county park system please visit our County Parks and our Preakness Valley Golf Course webpages
Memorial Bench and Tree Program
The Passaic County Board of County Commissioners in partnership with the Friends of Passaic County Parks, Inc. Board of Trustees offers a Memorial Bench and Tree Program whereby you can commemorate, honor, and remember the lives of friends and relatives. By purchasing either a tree or bench, you will receive a plaque with a message of your choosing to celebrate your loved ones’ life in the location of your choice in the Passaic County Park System. If you are interested in this memorial program, please click on the form below for more information or call (973) 881-4405.