With immense interest in the health and safety of our guests, staff and community, the County of Passaic is taking precautions to help stop the spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- All historic sites in the Passaic County Park System will remain closed.
- We will resume some of our County sponsored events. Please look at our schedule of events.
- Preakness Valley Golf Course is open and operating under revised procedures.
- Visitors must practice social distancing at all times and face coverings/masks must be worn at all times when social distancing is not possible.
- Avoid large gatherings.
ATTENTION: Depending on the date of your event, certain Covid-19 restrictions may apply, especially with regard to the amount of people allowable at outdoor venues. Please refer to the State’s regulations and Covid-19 restrictions, as the date of your event approaches. All restrictions will be strictly enforced. It is the responsibility of the permit holder to check the website for updates regarding the State’s regulations and Covid-19 restrictions regarding all outdoor events.
STARTING ON FRIDAY, APRIL 2, 2021; the limits on outdoor gatherings will increase to 200 people, in accordance with the NJ Governor’s Executive Orders.
- Outdoor religious services, weddings, funerals, memorial services and political events, such as demonstrations and rallies, have no limit.
- Outdoor scholastic graduation ceremonies will have a limit of 200 people.
- Outdoor sporting events will now allow up to 200 spectators.
- All spectators must follow guidance from the Department of Health regarding sports activities, which include wearing a mask, observing social distancing and staying home when feeling sick.
For more information on Covid-19 rules and regulations, refer to the following Executive Order No. 204.
For more information on regulations for outdoor gatherings, starting on April 2, 2021, please refer to the following Executive Order No. 234.
- The Highlands Preserve ball fields in West Milford, will remain closed until further notice due to ongoing reconstruction.
- The Rea Ave. Athletic Fields in Hawthorne, will be closed as of July 1, 2021 due to renovation. The fields will not be available to permit, until 2022 spring season.
- Sections of Rifle Camp Park, in Woodland Park are currently under renovations. There will be no camping at Rifle Camp Park until further notice. Other areas of the park will remain open.
Welcome to the Passaic County Parks Page. The Passaic County Board of County Commissioners oversees more than 16,000 acres of preserved open space and recreational facilities located throughout Passaic County. For more information regarding the county park system please visit the Parks and Recreation and Preakness Valley Golf Course web pages.
|Want to receive updates from Parks and Recreation?|
|Sign Up Now|
Park Permit Application Updates
2021 Park Permit Information Packet
Permits are required year-round. We will re-open our submission page at 12:01 a.m. on Monday, March 1, 2021. If there are any questions, please call: 973-881-4833.
TEAM SCHEDULE: With the number of field requests we receive, we ask that you submit a complete team schedule with your application. Your dates and times must be clearly identified (mm/dd and times). Team schedules can be submitted on page 4 of the online application. As always, submissions are taken in the order received. Please note that any application not accompanied by a complete, detailed, team schedule will not be accepted and the submission date on the application will be revised per receipt of your complete team schedule. No exceptions!
Update: Applications for 2021 Athletic Field Permit Requests will be accepted as follows:
NEW DATE! Starting MARCH 1st: We will be accepting applications from any In-county athletic organization; (Board of Education, Board of Recreation, scholastic organization, or municipal athletic group), for use of any athletic field; (softball/baseball field, synthetic turf athletic field, multi-purpose field, basketball court or cross-country course). Note: a team schedule must accompany each online application request.
NEW DATE! Starting MARCH 10th: We will be accepting applications from any Non-County or other athletic organization, for use of any athletic field; (softball/baseball field, synthetic turf athletic field, multi-purpose field, basketball court or cross-country course). Note: a team schedule must accompany each online application request.
NOTE: If you are seeking a permit for photography, filming, or use of a historic site, please contact Cultural & Historic Affairs at 973-706-6640.
NOTE: A request for a permit, is NOT a reservation. Requests are taken on a first come first serve basis. After submitting a request, the parks office will reply to the email address on the application request, and advise of date/location availability. WE NO LONGER ACCEPT CASH OR PERSONAL CHECKS AS PAYMENT. Payments can be made with a Business/Organizational check or certified funds (money orders/cashier's checks) only.
BY SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION, IT IS AFFIRMED THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE PERMIT PROCESS AND FEE INFORMATION POSTED ABOVE, UNDER THE "PARK PERMIT INFORMATION PACKET".
The name and photo associated with your Google account will be recorded when you upload files and submit this form.
Park Permit Instructions
A park permit is required to hold an event at the following county parks: Camp Hope, Dundee Island Park, Garret Mountain Reservation, Goffle Brook Park, Highlands Preserve, Rifle Camp Park and Weasel Brook Park. Events can include but are not limited to; picnics, birthday parties, ceremonies, athletic games, camping, etc. Permits are issued on a first come, first serve basis. Maps of all Passaic County parks can be found on the website, under the parks link. After reviewing the park permit fees and information, please complete a Park Permit Application.
Please note: We suggest visiting the park location of choice, ensuring the location meets the needs of your event. We will not be responsible for events that have been requested and permitted, sight-unseen. Once an application is submitted and received, the parks staff will review the application request for availability of the park location, date and time. A reply email will be sent to the applicant within 3-4 business days of receipt of the application request.
Thank-you for your interest in Passaic County Parks.
Parks and Recreation Event Survey
The County is conducting this survey to get a better understanding of community needs in respect to recreation and leisure activities. The information gathered will help us develop a long-term strategy to support and develop social, recreation and cultural opportunities accessible to all. Leisure activities, facilities, parks and green spaces are essential to our quality of life and to the environment.
By completing this survey, you will be entered into a draw to win, giving you a chance to win a Passaic County prize pack.
Thank you for participating in our survey. Your feedback is important!
Throughout the questionnaire you will see questions regarding “classes” and “events”.
- “Classes” refer to instructional/ learning opportunities that will normally include more than one occurrence (i.e. sports clinics, cooking lessons, exercise classes, etc.)
- “Events” refer to larger outings that will usually occur as a one-off (i.e. Passaic County Fair, Movie Nights, sports camps/ tournaments, etc.)