With immense interest in the health and safety of our guests, staff and community, the County of Passaic is taking precautions to help stop the spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- All historic sites in the Passaic County Park System will remain closed.
- We will resume some of our County sponsored events. Please look at our schedule of events.
- We are accepting applications for certain events and activities involving no more than 500 people. Events and activities must meet the criteria set forth by the Governor.
- Preakness Valley Golf Course is open and operating under revised procedures.
- Visitors must practice social distancing at all times.
- Face coverings/masks must be worn at all times when social distancing is not possible.
- Avoid large gatherings of more than 500 people.
The Highlands Preserve ballfields will be closed for reconstruction starting June 1, 2020 and will remain closed until further notice.
Construction at Goffle Brook Park near Diamond Bridge Avenue is scheduled to be completed soon. However, the permanent restroom facility will remain closed until further notice, in unison with the Governor's Executive Order No. 133.
2020 Park Permit Application Updates
Permits will now be required year-round.
Applications for 2020 will be accepted up until November 30, 2020
Applications for General Picnics/Events for 2020 will be accepted starting on December 15, 2019
See exceptions to the athletic applications below.
For all 2020 Athletic Field Permit Applications, acceptance dates are as follows:
Starting January 6, 2020, we will be accepting applications from any In-County, Board of Education, Board of Recreation, Scholastic Organizations and Municipal athletic groups for use of athletic fields: ball fields, soccer fields, turf field, basketball court or cross country course.
Starting February 3, 2020, we will be accepting applications from any Out-of-County athletic group or organizations.
Park Permit Instructions
Parks & Recreation
209 Totowa Road, Wayne, NJ 07470
Phone: (973) 881-4832
Fax: (973) 872-2684
A park permit is required to hold an event at any of the areas at the Garret Mountain Reservation, Goffle Brook Park, Rifle Camp Park, Weasel Brook Park and Highlands Preserve. Events can include but are not limited to: picnics, birthday parties, ceremonies, athletic games, camping, etc. Permits are issued on a first come first serve basis. Maps of all our parks can be found on our website.
Please review the park permit fees and information. After reviewing this information, please complete the Park Permit Application. Once submitted, our office will advise if the desired location, date and time is available.