The Passaic County Complete Count Committee, formed to prepare county residents to respond to the 2020 U.S. Census, has launched its 2020 effort! The Commission, headed by co-chairs Dr. Khyati Joshi and Miguel Diaz, present the 2020 Passaic County multilingual Census videos.
The Census videos were below were recorded in the five most spoken languages in Passaic County: English, Spanish, Arabic, Bengali, and Gujarati. These videos are a collaborative effort with Passaic County Community College’s Communications Department, headed by Professor Walter Behr.
What is the Census?
The U.S. Census is a decennial count of every resident of the United States, regardless of citizenship or legal status. According to the Census Bureau, residents will be receiving the Census form by mail starting in March of 2020. Residents will also have the option of filling out the Census form online, via phone and at various Passaic County kiosks, which will be announced on the Passaic County website and social media platforms as they are determined.
In 2010, New Jersey was undercounted, particularly in hard to count areas in Passaic County, including Paterson and Passaic. Ethnic minority groups like Arab, Bangladeshi, Latinx and South Asian communities fall under what the Census Bureau refers to as “HTC” or “hard to count” groups. An undercount negatively impact those communities and the entire county, by reducing resources and representation.
Census Fact Sheets
Census Fact Sheets
- Census 101 [ Spanish | Arabic ]
- How the 2020 Census will invite everyone to respond
- The 2020 Census and Confidentiality [ Spanish ]
- Be a Census Ambassador [ Spanish ]
- NJ Institute for Social Justice Census Counts 2020
- Paterson Counts
- PACC Census 2020 Resources in Arabic
- Census Resources for Educators (NJ School Boards Association)
Passaic County Census Resources You Can Share
- Download a video (links above) and share it on Facebook, WhatsApp, etc. -- wherever you communicate with your people
- Download our poster and banner art and add it to your website, church bulletin, community e-mail newsletter, etc. [ Poster-English | Poster-Spanish | Poster-Arabic | Square Poster | Banner | PC Census Logo: Square | Rectangle ] If you're using the image online, make it link to this page!
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request a poster for your building or business
- Find your community on our Map of Hard To Count (HTC) areas
- Follow Passaic County on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram and share important Census messages
- Become a Census Ambassador [ English | Spanish ]